Saturday 27 July 2013

MILAN/KIKO

MAKE UP TALK
Since my friend came back from Milan earlier this year she hasn’t stopped talking about this make up brand KIKO she discovered when she was in Italy and how much I have to go. Her exact words were ‘its MAC quality at RIMMEL prices’ obviously I had to see if this was true.
I'd done heaps of makeup shopping before my trip as I wanted a long lasting foundation preferably with a glow and something that fits my skin colour as I have struggled to find my exact match.


 URBAN DECAY
A friend of mine recommend me to try Urban Decay which I tried and was pleased with the overall look as it gave my face a ‘fresh’ look. As the day went by I felt the foundation was becoming very dry and almost fading away and when I got home from work that night my mom actually asked ‘what happened to your face’ I looked in the mirror and realised the foundation I was sold was a whole two shades lighter than my skin tone. I went back the next day a demanded a refund as I was unhappy with the product. However the Urban Decay is fabulous one glide and you have the darkest black on you water line.

 MAC
 I’ve tried Mac several times and every time they have given me samples to take away which are the wrong shade every time. This time I asked to have my whole face done so I would be sure I would leave with the right shade again Mac failed. Never again Mac fails me every time. 

 NARS
I’d been hearing good reviews about Nars so this was my final try, I went to the one in Selfridges and the staff were very helpful in helping me find my match. I left with a sheer glow foundation shade New Orleans and I even bought a primer which is a base for the makeup which sets it evenly on the face and provides long last wear. The foundation bottle could be designed better as I had to buy a pump separately.
Overall it is an OK foundation I do find myself having to reapply the foundation even with the primer which I am a little disappointed about also the complete look is more of a matte finish rather than sheer glow. 

Foundation £30.50
Primer £25

 My heart actually sank when I walked into KIKO and tried the products as I'd spent almost £60 literally the day before on NARS products and got all of this
15 euros!!!
 
 SALE
Primer 3euro
Foundation 2euro
Hyrda body lotion 3euro
Long lasting lipstick 2.80euro
Nail liqueur 50cent
Foundation brush 3.70euro 

http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk

All of this came to 15euro which is £12.92 . From now on I will stick to my usual foundation YSL shade B90 along with KIKO. Don’t worry ladies you don’t need to travel to Milan for your KIKO fix you can shop the magic online and I’m pretty sure they have a concession in London…  So what are you waiting go and get your KIKO fix now http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk

'Mac quality at Rimmel prices'

Twitter  Facebook Instagram Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment